A quality presentation to an evaluation panel for a research grant application needs to communicate your scientific ideas/intentions in a manner that is clear, to-the-point, convincing and easy to understand. The presentation must also address the judging criteria.
During the interview session you also need to be at ease in dealing with questions directed at you by a broad interview panel. You must speak clearly and convincingly in a manner that both experts and non-experts can understand.
Our interview preparation services are based on our professional skills in English language communication (we also offer training in Dutch), our expertise in communication skills coaching and workshop facilitation, a strong scientific background and expertise in the development of presentation material.
Whilst we offer interview preparation support for individuals, we also specialise in interview coaching for large collaborative grants in a group setting (where the demonstration of teamwork during the interview is essential).
We offer professional assistance during all phases of the interview preparation process:
- Strategic advice and assistance in the development of presentation content, and preparation for the question and answer component of the interview
- Critical review and feedback on the presentation delivery (identification of potential weaknesses/advice on how to remedy them)
- Practice sessions
- Presentation, communication and interview skills coaching
– For individual researchers: where face-to-face training is not possible due to distance, interview preparation coaching via Skype is also available.
– For group and consortia interview preparation: sessions can easily be organised at a location of your choice.
Tags: NWO Veni, NWO Vidi, NWO Vici, NWO Zwaartekracht, NWO National Roadmap, ERC Starting, ERC Consolidator, ERC Synergy Grants