ERC Consolidator Grant Support
“ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support researchers at the stage at which they are consolidating their own independent research team or programme. The scheme will strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created”.
Competitive ERC Consolidator Grant proposals need to be written at an exceptionally high level and communicate your scientific ideas and intentions in a manner that is clear, logical, to-the-point, convincing and easy to read. The proposal must also address all key selection criteria.
Our ERC Consolidator Grant services have been specifically designed for top/leading researchers who are at the level of submitting a competitive ERC Consolidator Grant proposal.
- Workshops on the development/writing of an ERC proposal, including benchmarking and preparatory underpinning work prior to commencement of writing.
- Benchmarking/self assessment and trajectory setting for applicants wishing to submit an ERC Consolidator Grant in the coming few years.
- Proposal idea/underpinning development coaching and feedback prior to the commencement of writing the proposal.
- Critical support and in-depth critical review of drafts, including CV and Track Record.
- Substantive editing of the proposal (consistency, flow, clarity, tone of voice).
- Local or long distance ERC Starting Grant Interview Coaching/Training for applicants who have been invited by ERC to interview.
We (generally) work with applicants at the beginning of the writing processs, providing advice and support so as to faciliate a strong foundation for the candidate to then start writing. At the commencement of all projects we also work with candidates to create a timeline for sending drafts for review (both to us and to the candidate’s scientific colleagues), thus ensuring that the candidate runs minimal risk of not completing their proposal by the deadline.
Our draft review process is characterized by first breaking up proposals into manageable sections, prior to the creation of a first full draft. Our feedback on drafts is in-depth, direct and to the point, and should we identify weaknesses in a proposal, we will always work at providing the applicant with suggestions and/or options as to how the weakness can be remedied.
For any researchers (or project managers) who would like to know more about our ERC Consolidator Grant support services, please contact us directly and we will be happy to provide more in-depth information.