ERC Advanced Grant Support
“ERC Advanced Grants allow exceptional established research leaders of any nationality and any age to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains. The ERC Advanced Grant funding targets researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders in their own right”.
Competitive ERC Advanced Grant proposals need to be written at an exceptionally high level and communicate your scientific ideas and intentions in a manner that is clear, logical, to-the-point, convincing and easy to read. The proposal must also address all key selection criteria.
Our ERC Advanced Grant services have been specifically designed for top/leading researchers who are at the level of submitting a competitive ERC Advanced Grant proposal.
- Workshops on the development/writing of an ERC proposal, including benchmarking and preparatory underpinning work prior to commencement of writing.
- Benchmarking/self assessment and trajectory setting for applicants wishing to submit an ERC Advanced Grant in the coming few years.
- Proposal idea/underpinning development coaching and feedback prior to the commencement of writing the proposal.
- Critical support and in-depth critical review of drafts, including CV and Track Record.
- Substantive editing of the proposal (consistency, flow, clarity, tone of voice).
We (generally) work with applicants at the beginning of the writing processs, providing advice and support so as to faciliate a strong foundation for the candidate to then start writing. At the commencement of all projects we also work with candidates to create a timeline for sending drafts for review (both to us and to the candidate’s scientific colleagues), thus ensuring that the candidate runs minimal risk of not completing their proposal by the deadline.
Our draft review process is characterized by first breaking up proposals into manageable sections, prior to the creation of a first full draft. Our feedback on drafts is in-depth, direct and to the point, and should we identify weaknesses in a proposal, we will always work at providing the applicant with suggestions and/or options as to how the weakness can be remedied.
For any researchers (or project managers) who would like to know more about our ERC Advanced Grant support services, please contact us directly and we will be happy to provide more in-depth information.