When developing a PowerPoint presentation for the final interview for that all important research grant application, there are a few essential things to remember:
1. Make sure the presentation tells a story with a beginning, middle and end.
2. Make sure that the presentation addresses the judging criteria.
3. Use clear language that non-experts can understand.
4. Stick to using only about 10 slides.
5. Make sure the slides support what you say.
6. Use good, clean, crisp text, graphics and/or images.
7. Don’t overcrowd the slides – keep it very clean and simple.
8. Avoid the use of transitions and sound effects.
9. Speak clearly and at a relaxed pace – a good guide is 100 words per slide.